"The wise woman builds her house. . ." Proverbs 14:1


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Halves are important too!











I confess, I love pictures. I love getting my children's pictures taken. I was right on schedule when they were babies getting their pictures taken at Sears every three months, then six months until they were about 2 years old. I was a Smile Saver member or whatever they called it. . .then the more money conscious I became, the more I realized that there had to be a better way.








So, I enlisted the help of my cousin and friend, Morgan. She'd brought her camera along in her bag one summer night when she babysat and then showed up a few weeks later with a bunch of great candid pictures of them. So, two summers ago, I decided that even though I had religiously had their pictures taken on their birthdays each year, it was a lot easier to take great pictures outside in the summer, than inside on their January birthdays. So, I came up with their "Half Pictures"!!








On Monday, Morgan came over and took these great pictures of my 6 1/2 year old and 3 1/2 year old. I love them because they were taken right here in my yard, not in some stuffy studio. They are my kids in bare feet and goofy grins with someone behind the camera who appreciates and loves them for who they are. I couldn't be more thankful for such wonderful pictures and for such a calm and patient person to take their pictures! So Happy Half Birthday - Eliza and Eric - what great pictures we have to remember this by!

1 comment:

  1. What great pictures! Made somewhat easier by such adorable subjects...

    ReplyDelete