"The wise woman builds her house. . ." Proverbs 14:1
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Revelations in a Blueberry Bush
I've spent a lot of time in the past few weeks out at my blueberry bush. We have this wonderful, old bush in our yard that continues to bless us! We harvested 38 quarts of blueberries from this one bush this year. So, in the hours that it took to pick all of those berries, my mind had a lot of time to think, and the recurring thought in my mind was how blessed we are that God is so creative in everything that He made, right down to our food! Think about it, when the Israelites were wandering in the desert, He gave them manna to eat. He could have just made that be "food" from the very start - right there in the Garden of Eden. He could have picked one tree, and said, "That's the manna tree" and that would be what it took to nourish us. However, being the awesome God that He is, He made every kind of vegetable, fruit, grain, etc., and made them all taste different and provide different nutrients for our bodies. I would love to say that I had this revelation as God talked to me through the bush, but I'm not really sure that's how it happened, but something certainly stirred in my soul and I realize that it's just another thing to add to the long list of praises to my Creator!
Labels:
blueberries,
praising
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment