My daughter is not the out-going type, nor is she very interested in trying anything that is "new". You cannot imagine the amount of fear that you can illicit from her just by saying "guess what? We're trying something new. . ." Yikes! It calls on Mom and Dad to be more than patient at times when her fear may just seem ridiculous to us! This summer however, I have come to the realization that she is who she is, and instead of trying to change her into what I think she should be, I need to remember that God made her with the personality and temperament that she has. God made her in a fearful and wonderful way and I should praise Him for that and embrace who she is and what she was created to do, even if it isn't what I had imagined my daughter to be like.
When Eliza was younger, she was very interested in horses, but then seemed to loose interest. Then, she started showing more interest this summer, and as luck would have it, we just so happened to have a friend with a pony who was looking for someone to ride her pony! So, Sunday night we went to ride the pony, and after brushing the pony, putting the saddle on, and cleaning her feet, Eliza was ready to ride. She was all smiles and loved the experience - can't wait to go back - that is, if she behaves at home! It is a sense of relief knowing that after the many opportunities that have been presented to her (soccer, t-ball, swimming, Bible School, and the list goes on!) that she tried something NEW and had fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment