"The wise woman builds her house. . ." Proverbs 14:1


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here Comes the Bride. . .


Here comes the bride. . . .oh the memories!!!! This weekend we celebrated my sister-in-law's soon to be wedded bliss. I did my creative work in the kitchen making piles of food which my family is still eating, and Coleen, my other sister-in-law did her creative work doing beautiful decorations and fun games. All-in-all it worked out pretty well.

But, oh the memories it brought back. . .10 years ago I was in Charlene's shoes. I don't think there is a time in my life that I cherish more than those months of being engaged. I loved every minute of it. Being a "planner", it was great fun for me to plan and organize a wedding, but I have never been so excited about anything in my life, and honestly, I don't think even the excitement of having either of our children was as exciting as getting married. Now, standing here 10 years later, I am completely certain that I have never made a better decision in my life. Craig is my rock and my best friend. We finish each other's sentences, and so many times I have heard one of us say, "hey, you know I was thinking that we ought to do ___________ about this problem," and the other replies, "yes! that's exactly what I was thinking!"

I am forever blessed by God for bringing this wonderful man in my life. . .because I certainly wasn't looking for him. Actually, my dear Grandma Mills was the one who pointed out to me what a wonderful man he was and that I really liked him. (And I wonder why my kids can seem a little thick headed at times??) I am so glad he was (and still is!) patient and persistent with me.

It was so fun to look at wedding pictures this weekend and remember my own bridal shower and wedding preparations. Yes, Craig and I both were a little thinner 10 years ago, a little younger, and probably a little naive about how hard marriage can be at times. But everything we have learned on this journey has been worth any tear shed. It's made us both stronger and closer to each other. And, as a testament to my feelings, I can relish in the fact that just this weekend, we locked eyes across the room and I could see "I love you" in his eyes without him saying a word. I do believe that we are even more in love with each other than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment