"The wise woman builds her house. . ." Proverbs 14:1


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Empty Calendar Squares

Today I felt more calm and content than I have in a long while. I was happy. Blissfully happy. And, for the simplest of reasons. For the past 12 days, yes, count them, 12 days, I have had to leave home to go somewhere. Doctor appointments, parties, church, library story hour - each day something has been written on my calendar. All necessary things or important things, but all things that required me to be "on the run" for the last 12 days. But, today, ooooohhhh, today, the calendar square was EMPTY!!!

For this introverted soul, I could have jumped for joy! I felt so happy to be here, just be here. There was so much to be done, I wasn't sure which thing to start on first, but uncharacteristically, that didn't even bother me. I just felt like I was recharging all day. I didn't do anything particularly important, but I plugged away at all kinds of projects, not rushing through any of them. How wonderfully sweet that was for me.

Tomorrow's calendar square is also blank. And, I'm looking forward to that. I love being a stay-at-home mom - with the emphasis on the stay-at-home.

No comments:

Post a Comment