
I'm so very excited today, giddy, almost. Reminds me of 10 years ago on this day. . .the day before my wedding. I was excited, but not nervous - my boss at the time told me that I was too calm, and it scared her! I never did get nervous even right up to walking down the aisle. I was sure, positive that I was doing the best thing ever - marrying my best friend.
Our wedding invitations said, "This day I will marry my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, love. . . ." Ten years later, I am so excited that tomorrow we have scheduled 24 hours to be together, alone!!! I know to some it may not sound like much, but for us, it's a lot. I always say that farming is a life, not an occupation. Craig's work schedule is 5:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. almost 7 days a week. He gets a little mid-day break on Sundays some times. So, being able to spend the night away and be able to wake up together is a treat. I know the practical side of me says that I probably would not fare well waking up with him every morning because I like to be alone and have quiet in the morning before everyone else wakes up. But, to have a morning to wake up with him is so exciting. I get to see him wear his wedding ring - he hardly ever wears it because it's unsafe to wear it while doing a lot of the work he does. But I LOVE it when he wears his ring, in my mind it's like hanging that little "do not disturb" sign . . . I feel like "look, he's mine, mine, mine"!!!!
Our wedding day wasn't perfect, because nothing ever is. . .but it was pretty darn close! Our marriage isn't perfect either, but we love each other more and more every day. He's still my very best friend in this world. . . . .
Our wedding invitations said, "This day I will marry my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, love. . . ." Ten years later, I am so excited that tomorrow we have scheduled 24 hours to be together, alone!!! I know to some it may not sound like much, but for us, it's a lot. I always say that farming is a life, not an occupation. Craig's work schedule is 5:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. almost 7 days a week. He gets a little mid-day break on Sundays some times. So, being able to spend the night away and be able to wake up together is a treat. I know the practical side of me says that I probably would not fare well waking up with him every morning because I like to be alone and have quiet in the morning before everyone else wakes up. But, to have a morning to wake up with him is so exciting. I get to see him wear his wedding ring - he hardly ever wears it because it's unsafe to wear it while doing a lot of the work he does. But I LOVE it when he wears his ring, in my mind it's like hanging that little "do not disturb" sign . . . I feel like "look, he's mine, mine, mine"!!!!
Our wedding day wasn't perfect, because nothing ever is. . .but it was pretty darn close! Our marriage isn't perfect either, but we love each other more and more every day. He's still my very best friend in this world. . . . .
Happy anniversary!
ReplyDelete