"The wise woman builds her house. . ." Proverbs 14:1


Monday, October 25, 2010

Little Boys are Crazy!

Little boys are crazy and I love them! These are words I often hear a friend of mine say about her three little boys. I can certainly say that having a little boy is quite different from a little girl. Eliza is a bookworm, timid, very in-control, serious, a bit of a drama queen, and in need of lots of attention. Eric, on the other hand, her polar opposite, is "hands on", ready to explore, a mechanical thinker, and is quite happy to amuse himself.



I am absolutely loving having this time with Eric one-on-one while Eliza is in school. This last week, he had me in stitches several times. First, he decided that he would like to play dress-up. He got into Eliza's box of dress up clothes, and started with the high-heels when I soundly pointed him in a new direction. I know, I know, many of you would argue that it'll be fine, but for me, I just can't let him do it! So, I rummaged through the box, and came up with a superman shirt and cape, a black mask, a pirate eye patch, a safari hat, and a cowboy hat and vest, which pleased Eric greatly and he proceeded to put them all on at one time! Later that day, he started to be fascinated with swimming goggles and sunglasses.







He's had his fun jumping off the couch being superman because he's convinced the cape is making him fly!


I love watching the world through this inquisitive 3 year old's eyes. He's a fun loving kid who often doesn't know how funny he is. . .like the other week when he told me about someone who came to the barn and had a little can of those crushed up black cookies (oreos) that you bake with in his pocket. "Oh yeah?" I said, "Yeah," he said, "he took a little bit in him fingers and put it in him mouth." I didn't tell him what it really was, I'll save that for another time.


Last week after asking him to do something, he responded enthusiastically, "Okay, Big Bird!!" He knew he was funny, but he didn't know just how funny it was to me after being called "bird" by a elementary school friend for years!


Once again, I am reminded that I can always trust what God's Word tells us - "Laughter does the heart good like a medicine!"


No comments:

Post a Comment