"The wise woman builds her house. . ." Proverbs 14:1


Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to our Firstborn!

Today celebrates 9 years since the birth of our first child. . .Eliza Claire. Seems crazy that it has been NINE years!! She's still such a little peanut, I can barely believe that she's entered that tween phase of life. Her latest accomplishment is topping the scale at 50 lbs!!!

Tween or not, she is our little girl, and will always be. We are trying to be very intentional about keeping the little in our girl, and not letting her grow up too fast. For her birthday, we bought her the game of Twister. She was thrilled!!!

Her cake request was for an American Girl Doll cake. This worried me because it seems the kids keep setting the bar higher for making cakes. I checked at the store where I rent pans, and they did not have the doll pan. So, I found a picture online, but it was too small to be traced onto the cake. So, I just drew it free hand while looking at the picture. Eliza was very pleased, so that's all that matters!


Eliza, her American Girl Doll "Libby" and her American Girl cake.

Eliza loves to read! She likes reading all the American Girl books, as well as any other books, mostly her favorites are animal stories. Her favorite tv shows are Little House on the Prairie, The Brady Bunch, and The Family Game Night. I am thrilled that her favorite activities are playing with legos, reading, drawing, and playing games, instead of boys, cell phones, ipods, and ipads.

Even though Eliza gets mad at me for calling her "the little mother", she really is a great big sister (most of the time!) especially to little Easton. He seems to have a soft spot in her heart. She's really great at helping me with the boys, we just have to keep the "mama bossy" under control!

Looking at her, I feel so blessed. She is smart, sensitive, and caring. She knows who she is and what she believes. She's learning about the Lord, reading His Word with me, and growing into a wonderful little lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment