"The wise woman builds her house. . ." Proverbs 14:1


Saturday, August 18, 2012

Road Trip!!!

We are well into August. School is just two weeks away. Eric is beyond excited. Eliza is ready too. Easton's birthday is next weekend. Where has the time gone? I feel very split on my feelings here. On one hand, the summer seems like it's gone on for years, yet on the other hand, I feel that it's come and gone without so much as a fun time to be had.

We went school shopping last week at Pittsburgh Mills and got 6 pairs of shoes at Payless Shoe Source. I had never spent that much money in Payless before! We still got 6 pairs of shoes for under $95, so certainly not bad at all! I grossly underestimated how much time I should spend at the mall, and made a mental note that we should plan more time for our next visit. There is a full size playground inside the mall which was a great thing for the kids to run off their energy after a long road trip. It amazed me how quickly Easton figured out how to run around the play-set to go up the stairs to go down the slide. We also got to eat at Sonic for lunch, which we had never done before, and the kids squealed with delight to see their waitress come out on roller skates. Sonic was really affordable and the food was good and non-greasy, and the best part was it was out in less than 5 minutes, which is a life saver to a mom who has kids that never go out to eat. My children do not do well waiting in a restaurant!
All 3 at the sliding board in the mall. 
After our shopping was done, we headed back north up Rt.28 to Kittanning to visit with my high school friend, Heidi and her family. It was a great visit with many lovely faces that I haven't seen in far too long. It's so cool to have friends as adults that I have had since 6th grade. I love seeing our children play together and talk about our lives and being moms at the same time. God sure does bless us in so many ways.

Chase immediately decided that he liked Eliza and being that he was dog-tired from all his traveling, decided to snuggle up with her on the couch. Too Cute!!

We had a long visit and then it was back in the car for our trip back north. Since it was nearing our supper time by the time when we were just outside of New Bethlehem, I decided to stop at this awesome ice cream shoppe that Craig and I discovered a few years back. I got a small ice cream cone for Eric, a small blizzard for Eliza, and a small sundae for me. The total was $7. . and the ice cream was far more than any of us could eat! I did manage to eat mine with a little help from Easton, but I was stuffed! Then, we had to ask for cups and lids for Eliza and Eric's and we luckily had our cooler along, so we successfully transported them back home to Daddy!

Eric and his "small" ice cream cone!! You can see Eliza's small blizzard too! What a deal this place is - so good!
So glad that we have been able to sneak a few fun times out of a crazy summer; even if it is school shopping, visiting friends, and eating ice cream for supper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment