"The wise woman builds her house. . ." Proverbs 14:1


Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm Back!!!!

To say that I've taken a break from blogging is quite an understatement. Almost 14 months have passed since my last blog post, and I keep writing these witty, charming posts in my head, but NONE of them have yet to make it to the computer. And, honestly, I love typing! It's just that life has been anything but slow and easy in the past 14 months.

Let's see. . . .in those 14 months, I got pregnant, husband and I completely remodeled our downstairs bathroom ourselves, took on the coordinator position of our local MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) group, had a baby, and decided to breast feed for the first time. Besides those, I had my normal life of caring for the children, helping with the farm work, gardening, canning and just keeping house!

I've learned a lot about myself, and that's what intrigues me. You know, as a high school graduate, I thought that I was so tired of learning that I didn't go to college until a year after I graduated. I'd had it with learning I thought. But learning is an every day practice - well, for me it is. I think when I'm truly living life to its fullest, I am always learning something. Maybe it's as simple as how to save some money in our budget or as large as understanding a concept about the Bible.

Life is truly a journey and I am seeing more and more how much I want to enjoy and savor every moment. Nothing quite makes you realize how much you need to "take it all in" as raising kids does. I prayed so hard for this third child, I cried over the prospect of what if this wasn't meant to be. Then, I finally got pregnant and there were those with less than kind words about having a third child and to top it all off, I was as sick as a dog!! I thought by the time I got to 9 months of pregnancy that it had lasted 9 years. Ugh - the worst of the three by far. Then, you lay eyes on that beautiful baby and smell his sweet baby head, and yup, it was all worth it.

Now, here we are 5 months past that, and I'm watching him play and grab whatever he can manage to get his little chubby fingers to grasp. He's rolling to where he wants to go when his wriggling and squirming won't quite get him there. I'm sure crawling isn't far off. Then, I see him eye his sister, now 8, and his brother now 5, and wonder how he can keep up with what they are doing.

Wow, life is but a vapor. Eliza is 8 and from what I hear, that puts her in the preteen years or tween years. Yuck. Not sure I'm ready. Eric is 5 and as of this week, registered for kindergarten. So, yes, the list of "to-do" is still long. . there's many things I'd like to get done and many things that need to get done. Scrapbooking, painting the living room, changing some of the pots for my house plants, and just keeping up with the cooking and cleaning! However, I have been trying REALLY hard to remember that these are THE DAYS - the days I will never get back. I will only have such a short while to listen to baby giggles, hear Eliza and Eric "play kids", dress Barbies again and again, and make sure all the cows on the toy farm have been ear tagged and milked. I'm learning. . .still learning what a fabulous blessing these children are. And, although it might not be the easiest job in the world, raising them is full of joys if I just take the time to soak it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment