I have learned many things this Christmas season, so I thought I would compile a list. . . .
1. Don't try to cut the peanut brittle recipe in half - you will burn it.
2. Stringing popcorn and cranberries is not really a sport for a 3 and 6 year old.
3. The cookie icing already in the tubes by Betty Crocker are one of a man or woman's brightest inventions.
4. It's okay to "cheat" by using store-bought icing - we still made great memories with less stress.
5. Making photo cards on Walmart's website is so easy and affordable!
6. There is no better feeling for me than making someone a homemade gift that they will use and will know came from my heart.
7. You should always wait for the week before Christmas to shop at Tractor Supply - can you say 40% off all toys???
8. You should celebrate Advent - nothing compares to preparing your heart and life for the arrival of the King!
9. I miss having a real tree - I like my tree, I do, but nothing in my mind will ever compare to a real tree.
10. I am learning more and more to care less about the perfection of things and more to let the kids help because this is "their" Christmas and I want their imperfections and smugdy handprints all over everything we do.
11. You do not have to put all the ornaments on the tree - I left off all the ornaments that I put up every year out of obligation. I love how our tree looks this year.
12. Live day to day. This is a lesson I hope to carry throughout the year. I don't think we should be so busy getting ready for Christmas that we miss all the fun in getting ready!
13. I still choose to wait to wrap some gifts on Christmas Eve Day.. . .there's something about that personal tradition of mine that makes it feel like Christmas Eve to me.
14. Push aside those feeling of comparing to others. We do not have big expensive Christmases, because we do not have big, expensive budgets! Less is more, simple is good, and Jesus was still born, no matter how you celebrate!
We still have 6 more days until Christmas, so I might add on to the list more this week. I still have plenty to do and I'm sure more to learn.. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment