Wow, so there has been a bit of a lull in my blogging to say the least. I don't really know what happened to November, but it seems it's been here and gone and I don't feel that I have much to show for it! However, onto the beautiful Christmas season we go. . . .I took advantage of the beautiful day on Monday to put up my Christmas decorations outside, and decided that I much prefer the look of the lights once they are up, rather than the process of getting them there. I only put up lights entwined with greens because I want to enjoy the look all day long not just at night. And, there's also the part of me not having nearly enough patience to string many lights up outside - so I would much rather drive around and appreciate the fruits of another's labor and patience in creating a magical light show. The trees in front of the garage in the flower pots did not get plugged in this year, and I decided to just "let it go, let it go, let it go. ."
It started snowing on December 1st - right after I put Eliza on the bus - "good timing" I thought to myself, as I love a beautiful white carpet outside when it's time to get ready for Christmas inside. Eric helped me decorate the inside today and I think it turned out pretty good. I was worried that I decorated too much - it seems every year there is more to put up! When all was said and done, I think the most simple of my decorations was my favorite. I put the lighted candles in every window, and went I went to feed the ducks at dusk, it looked beautiful. I decided that it really doesn't matter what is popular or what anyone else thinks about my decorating style - simple really is my style and I should embrace it. I think there are some decorations that will be packed away and heading to Goodwill after Christmas, and that's okay - I have up what we enjoy as a family, and that's good enough.

Maybe a "decoration swap" is in order!
ReplyDeleteYour house looks beautiful~